At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Our 10 major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Insurance, Wells Fargo Securities, and Principal Investments. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses
This position will report to the Wholesale Enterprise Programs Manager. This role will be responsible for managing the Risk Appetite (RA) and Metrics process for Wholesale and ensuring compliance with the Enterprise Risk Appetite Policy. The position will lead a small team that is charged with coordinating the Wholesale Risk Appetite Statement, facilitating quarterly Risk Appetite monitoring and reporting and managing the annual review, attestation and audit for the group’s risk appetite and metrics.
- Support the development and administration of the Wholesale Risk Appetite / Risk Measurement program (RA program)
- Monitor metrics and boundaries to ensure activities are within the overall appetite
- Develop familiarity with the Wholesale Risk Appetite statements and metrics (topline, supportive, KIP) and the associated boundaries.
- Execute the requirements of the Risk Appetite program within Wholesale and assist with enhancing the program and driving it through the individual LOBs
- Providing guidance, training and support to the LOBs and Control Teams
- Facilitate the integration between various Enterprise programs through the Wholesale Bank
- Developing solutions to support reporting and tracking in order to update senior management and various committees
- Managing data/information with respect to key databases, including SHRP
- Partnering with IRM and supporting enhancement and maturity of Enterprise programs
- Helping to consistently drive Enterprise programs through the individual LOBs
- Assisting LOBs in establishing processes, routines and reporting to support Enterprise programs while maturing control management within each business
- Support the requirements for various other Enterprise Programs within Wholesale such as Risk ID, Strategic Planning, Recovery & Resolution Planning, Emerging Risk, etc.
- Supporting Management in executing responsibilities across the broader team
Wholesale Control (WC):
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within the Wholesale Banking group of Wells Fargo supporting the Wholesale businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk across Wholesale. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of wholesale banking products and services
- Knowledge and understanding of Risk Management Information Systems
- Ability to consult with business partners to define key performance metrics, dashboards or scorecards
- Database experience
- Knowledge and understanding of VB (Visual Basic)
- Exposure to Wells Fargo s Shared Risk Platform (SHRP)
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- The candidate should be a collaborator and true team player, translating prior business knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally to achieve goals and meet responsibilities associated with cross-functional risk programs. They should have an understanding of all aspects of Risk Management including its control methods, processes, technologies, and regulatory requirements required to effectively manage risk and controls within a business organization. An understanding of Wholesale Banking businesses would be preferred.
- Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.