At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Operational Risk Consultant 4 (RCSA)
An Operational Risk Consultant for Treasury, Merchant & Payment Solutions Compliance and Operational Risk (TMPSCOR) is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring risk-based programs to identify, assess and mitigate operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events, while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency. With respect to such programs, this position will support the risk management needs of Treasury, Merchant & Payment Solutions (TMPS) Management products as assigned. The person in this position will:
- Provide primary support for the Treasury, Merchant & Payment Solutions (TMPS) Risk Control & Self-Assessment (RCSA) program working in close collaboration with TMPSCOR compliance and risk consultants and functional areas to complete deliverables.
- Analyze BPRM policy and procedures to determine impact and manages and/or coordinates the required business actions and changes.
- Be responsible for program management to ensure it meets corporate RCSA policy requirements including:
- Oversight of Business Environment Change process
- Oversight of operational risk Major Requirements (MRs) in SHRP
- Governance including credible challenge (internal) and response to corporate credible challenge
- Manage and/or coordinate production of periodic operational risk performance reports for senior management, including quarterly management affirmations and trend analysis and recommended strategies.
- Train TMPSCOR team members on requirements and execution of the risk assessment program.
- Build and maintain rapport with product managers, technical product consultants, and functional area SMEs.
- Partner with product managers, functional areas, and compliance consultants to provide ongoing risk management oversight; identify risks and define controls, provide credible challenge to frequency and severity ratings of risks and the adequacy of proposed controls and perform validation to determine if controls are working as designed.
- Identify, socialize, and log functional area and product-related issues. Coordinate analysis of issues, track remediation efforts.
- Master the risk management tools adopted by TMPSCOR.
- Engage in continual learning on the capabilities of supported products.
An Operational Risk Consultant in this position will compile information from various sources and communicate complex ideas to a sophisticated audience of experts. Healthy skepticism, inquisitiveness, and thoroughness will bolster credibility and enhance success. Strong oral and written communication skills are absolutely essential.
Please Note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience or strong familiarity with Treasury Management products.
- Experience with identifying and documenting key risks and controls
- Experience with understanding and applying corporate risk tools and systems (e.g., SHRP, BIKE, RCSA, Policy works).
- Advanced skill using the Microsoft Office suite of products, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Visio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This extends beyond grammar, punctuation, and spelling to include the ability to write a coherent, comprehensive,
- Confidence to work remotely and establish rapport in non-face-to-face situations.
- Strong time management skills and the demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and bring insightful challenge to the identification of risk.
- Experience facilitating and presenting to multiple levels of employees and management.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.