At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wells Fargo Auto Line of Business (LoB) within Wells Fargo Consumer Lending is seeking an experienced Operational Risk Consultant 4 for the Underwriting & Funding team within Compliance & Operational Risk (COR). The Operational Risk Consultant 4 will be responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of a risk-based oversight program to ensure compliance with major policy and regulatory requirements.
Key duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Work with assigned business units and provide operational, regulatory, and reputational risk expertise and consulting to identify, assess, and mitigate risk.
- Serve as the lead representative for COR Originations for the State Tool redesign project.
- Coordinate with the front-line business teams to develop strategies and methodologies; evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products, and internal controls, and identify issues resulting from inadequate controls.
- Develop and implement monitoring activities, including the collection, analysis, and escalation of information to perform ongoing or routine oversight of high risk areas and/or areas with weak process and controls.
- Consult with front-line business teams to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change to mitigate risk.
- Identify training opportunities; may design/coordinate the development of training materials and deliver training.
- Report findings and draft recommendations to compliance risk and business line management.
- Coordinate production of periodic risk performance reports for senior management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
- Prepare and present formal summary presentations to management and senior leaders.
Preferred Locations: 250 E John Carpenter Fwy, Irving, TX; 1100 Corporate Center Dr, Raleigh, NC; 2850 S Price Rd, Bldg E, Chandler, AZ; however other locations in WF footprint will be considered.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Operational experience in Indirect Underwriting and Funding
- Working knowledge of Dealership Operations
- Strong working knowledge of Indirect Underwriting/Funding operating systems (e.g. Credit Revue)
- Solid working knowledge of Consumer Lending regulations
- BS/BA degree or higher in business or related field
- Advanced certification such as NAF, CIA, CPA, CRCM
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage complex reviews from moderate to high risk with ability to influence others
- Ability to lead multiple projects successfully and drive them to completion
- Proven leadership skills and drive to exceed expectations
- Demonstrated ability to proactively consult, collaborate, and influence internal and external clients and business partners
- Excellent reputation for partnering with stakeholders and across various teams
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.