At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage team supports the nation's leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
The Operational Risk Management team within Home Lending Production is hiring two Operational Risk Consultant 4 for its Business Control team. The position will play a critical role to strengthening the assessment of risks within Servicing, designing and implementing a holistic approach to risk assessment, integrating risk intelligence data, and partnering with the business leaders to make risk-based process and control adjustments based on assessments.
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Lead detailed risk assessments in targeted areas across Home Lending Production by leveraging root cause information from issues, losses, complaints, remediation, key risk indicators, and results from internal and external audits or reviews
- Influence senior leaders through a detailed and methodical approach to risk including the use of data driven business cases to articulate key points
- Partner with other risk assessment stakeholders to holistically disposition business risks when processes span multiple business groups.
- Provide credible challenge to process and control design
- Drive process improvements, reduce operational losses, and improve the state of operational risk programs and business intelligence
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of mortgage industry experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience with creating and maintaining operational or compliance risk assessments.
- Experience with process-based risk assessment programs and tools (Enterprise Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Production’s Internal Risk Assessment (IRA) program).
- Experience assessing control design and validating control effectiveness
- Familiarity with Wells Fargo Enterprise, Consumer Lending Group, and Home Lending Production risk programs
- Ability to quickly understand and identify issues and their impact across lines of business, as well as within a company structure.
- Impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency, and big picture orientation.
- Demonstrated experience presenting risk-related data to leaders, influencing decisions, and driving change
- Proven ability to collaborate and partner with others with internal and external business partners.
- Experience Initiating action plans, making high impact decisions and completing challenging assignments.
- Experience leading and managing through change, by driving consent and creating buy in.
- Advanced knowledge of organizational procedures, operations and applicable compliance rules and regulations.
- Financial industry experience.
- Production (Sales, Fulfillment, and/or Home Equity) experience.
- Familiarity with Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) operational risk management tools.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.