At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Enterprise Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results, manages the company’s balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy. Enterprise Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
This Operational Risk Consultant 4 will be a member of the Enterprise Finance & Information Technology Model Governance Team supporting the Corporate Model Risk Policy. The successful candidate will support our Model Risk Officer (MoRO) and ensure our compliancy with the Corporate Model Risk Policy and work actively with mode; owners, major stakeholders in the business units, Information Risk Management (IRM) and Corporate Model Risk (CMoR)..
Our group is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring a risk-based program designed to identify, assess and mitigate model risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events, while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency.
- Support model risk findings remediation efforts to mitigate model risk within line of business management.
- Manage the consolidation of model risk performance reports for senior management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
- Assist with automation of manual process and identify opportunities for improvement; design/coordinate the development of training materials.
- Provides ongoing operational risk expertise and consulting for the Model Risk Policy, including becoming a policy expert.
- Develops testing strategies and methodologies; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls.
- Analyzes business and/or systems changes to determine impact; identifies and assesses operational risk issues and assigns risk ratings consistent with established policy standards.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Strong risk management and compliance skills
- Knowledge and understanding of implementation or project management
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Ability to manage information governance policies and procedures
- Ability to grasp complex business issues quickly, recommend solutions, and drive for resolutions
- Experience with Financial Forecasting and Reporting, Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk processes and governance
- Experience with Model Risk Governance or related model risk experience
- Experience communicating with regulators, auditors and other oversight bodies
- Exceptional reporting, presentation, and project management skills
- Business savvy to navigate a complex, highly-matrixed organization
- Experience with the Model Risk Inventory, MoRS
- Ability to set appropriate deliverable timelines and follow-through
- Ability to lead through adversity and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to anticipate and ask the right questions to assess all facets of an effort
- Self-motivation ability to be adaptable to a dynamic work environment with multiple priorities and strict timelines
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.