At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This is an outstanding opportunity within the CL/PVSI Cross Group ILD Team. The group helps to meet operational risk management expectations through management of Internal Loss Data (“ILD”), which captures all operational loss events across the enterprise.
ILD is a direct input into operational regulatory capital and is delivered to the Operational Risk Data Exchange (ORX) consortium for subsequent return as External Loss Data, which is also a direct input into operational risk capital. ILD is also used in the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Reporting (CCAR) process and in other on-going regulatory reporting. In addition, ILD is utilized and relied upon by management and line-of-business’ for various risk management purposes.
We are seeking a Risk Consultant who will provide CL/PVSI-wide ILD leadership and oversight of policy management activities. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with policy management teams and loss event coordinators ensuring ILD policies, standards, and procedures are being met in an effective and efficient manner;
- Working broadly across the organization with risk management and business managers to develop and improve corporate and business policies, standards, and procedures;
- Advising ILD policy teams on effective and efficient policy management practices, common processes, tools and resources;
- Designing and delivering reporting to ensure support groups are adequately informed on ILD management initiatives;
- Active program engagement and support of ILD loss event enrichment;
- Overseeing adherence to ILD standards and guidelines and resolve escalated issues as appropriate;
- Monitoring ILD activities and recommend appropriate changes to improve policy and implementation across the company;
- Identifying deficiencies in current state processes and recommend appropriate controls to address those gaps;
- Evaluating draft policies, standards, and procedures to ensure they align with Wells Fargo’s foundational risk documents and effectively communicate the responsibilities and requirements for managing risk;
- Developing and leading policy or process design and improvement initiatives;
- Establishing and maintaining common tools and resources needed for effective ILD policy management;
- Partnering with Learning and Development to develop and maintain training, and deliver training when needed.
Preferred locations include Charlotte, NC., Minneapolis, MN., Des Moines, IA., and San Francisco, CA. Other locations will be considered for qualified candidates.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells FargoRequired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to simultaneously lead multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Demonstrated change management skills leading broad initiatives that included design and implementation of new or significantly revised policies, standards, and procedures or overseeing implementation and execution of policies on a large scale initiative
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and monitor internal controls
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.