At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Operational Risk Management & Analytics (ORMA) has an exciting opportunity for a Wells Fargo Team Member to join a newly formed team of risk professionals focused on establishing common methods and practices in the application and interpretation of operational risk rules and regulations and the qualitative review of operational loss events to ensure the information is accurate and meaningful for internal and external analysis and reporting.
- Execute monitoring and quality assurance routines to test operational risk events against operational risk guidance and reporting requirements
- Evaluate manual processes to validate data for automation / machine learning opportunities in the future.
- Interpret regulations, both US and Basel Committee related, where regulation is not adequately specific for effective implementation, with a focus on the Operational Risk regulations;
- Gain a deep understanding of operational risk regulatory requirements and familiarity with related regulatory reporting forms including FRY14Q and FFIEC Sch. S in order to become a subject matter expert and answer inquiries from business partners;
- Advise business partners on complex operational risk events and transactions;
- Advise Reporting, Technology and Implementation teams and other infrastructure partners on the appropriate regulatory treatment to ensure the accurate and timely implementation of new regulations
- Update and maintain Policy and Guidance documentation and communicate the same to users in a timely manner.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams to develop and implement solutions
- Deep knowledge of capital regulations and finance and accounting concepts with ability to apply concepts to effective processing methods
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work with minimal direction and take initiative and ownership in decision-making and problem solving
- Proven ability to operate in ambiguous environments and exhibit agility in navigating from current state to proposed solutions
- Previous work with and understanding of Wells Fargo financial systems and risk processes
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.