At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This Operational Risk Consultant 4 role will report directly to the supplier management operations group lead and will facilitate execution of various functions and provide for consistent third party risk processes, practices, governance and support of these functions. Specifically, this individual will support the functions of the Third Party Service Provider policies for supplier management and all LOBs.
The role will be responsible for supporting supplier management to drive optimal risk and delivery related outcomes. A more deliberate, centralized third party risk approach will improve effectiveness of third party risk activities. By centralizing both our internal third party risk administrative activities, further integrating with SCM processes and utilizing our new method of external data collection, significant efficiencies can be gained while improving our risk posture.
Key responsibilities, but not limited to:
• Be a part of a highly skilled team of supplier management professionals to align and execute enterprise risk strategies and supplier capabilities to achieve enterprise-wide business objectives.
• Facilitate the execution of the Company’s third party due diligence data collection activities.
• Be accountable to the group lead within Supplier Management for the timely execution of critical activities performed within this function.
• Will fit into the current state by assisting in the future development of the COE and go forward by supporting the new group as a contributor accountable to the business partners to which they’re assigned for ensuring business engagement within Supply Chain future state model.
• Supports the strategy of high visibility, complex regulatory, governance, change management and process to maximize value and minimize risk exposure.
• Contributes, creates, modifies and provides feedback for supplier management policies, processes, strategy, and/or enterprise program recommendations.
• Collaborates with Lines of Business partners to understand and provide change management structure to their third party risk portfolio.
• Leverage tools and processes to optimize risk efficiencies and measure supplier performance for quality assurance.
• Primary participant in supplier management strategy development, process disciplines, and implementation of management systems used to achieve desired results.
• Provides optimal support to governance and control programs to ensure business continuity, protect company assets, and compliance with corporate and regulatory policies.
• Proactively maintains current understanding of various industry and supplier management best practices, and risk benchmarks.
• Supports third party risk management and supply chain management life cycle activities and identifies new risks as business requirements evolve.
Candidates within the preferred location (Charlotte, NC; Chandler, AZ) will be considered. Telecommute maybe an option for this position.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- 2+ years of third party risk management experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo s Third Party Information Management Systems (TRIMS) database
- SharePoint experience
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Experience developing well-defined plans for problem resolution from preliminary or ambiguous information
- Demonstrated onboarding, training and project management abilities
- Demonstrated ability to operate within a team environment and strong interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills, including financial analysis abilities
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.