At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wholesale Conduct Risk Control organization has a new opportunity for an Operational Risk Consultant 4 (ORC4) to join the Risk Analytics & Insights team responsible for managing the aggregating, monitoring, and reporting of conduct risk activities, processes, and risks at the Wholesale Group and LOB levels. Furthermore, this role will support critical efforts to strengthen the conduct risk management culture as an integral element of the business model and practices.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with confidential information; identifying business need to know, attorney-client privilege, and attorney-client work product
- Performing analysis and providing insights on conduct risk-related data, including:
- Analysis and ongoing monitoring of conduct risk metrics/KRI
- Liaising with CMO, Compliance, intra-Conduct Risk Control teams, and Business Control groups to review KRI/Metrics results and insights, highlight any items requiring attention/escalation, and perform root cause analysis, as needed
- Researching and escalating notable items
- Identifying new, material, or systemic risks/trends
- Working with Conduct Risk Control Data & Reporting team to:
- Develop and maintain conduct risk metrics, KRI, boundaries, and related monitoring and reporting routines
- Develop and maintain integrated conduct risk reporting dashboards for Wholesale group and LOB level
- Ensure accurate representation of KRIs/Metrics and Group/LOB insights
- Perform functional testing as needed regarding dashboard reporting
- Identify updates to reporting in relation to KRI/Metric updates, trending, interactor updates, etc.
- Creating and/or updating risk monitoring and reporting procedures, processes, job aids, communications, and training to support the Conduct Risk Control Analytics & Insights team function
- Reviewing/Validating potential risks and issues to determine applicability and corrective action plan(s)
- Ensuring appropriate escalation for any KRI boundary triggers or issues identified
- Reviewing LOB customer surveys and survey results completed to identify conduct risks and issues
Preferred Locations: Charlotte, NC; Atlanta, GA; Des Moines, IA; Minneapolis, MN. Will consider all locations in the Wells Fargo footprint.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Exposure to Wells Fargo s Shared Risk Platform (SHRP)
- Prior experience within or supporting Wholesale Banking, or across multiple diverse business segments within a financial institution
- Experience with research and review of complaints/allegations, root cause analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate and wholesale policies and procedures
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals to enroll stakeholders, peers, and management
- Results-oriented and resourceful; able to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution
- Ability to act with courage, ethics, and integrity, and provide appropriate credible challenge
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.