At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Cards & Retail Services team helps customers achieve their financial dreams by providing a variety of products across the credit spectrum. We deliver industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo. Our customers all have unique goals and dreams - whether preparing for a home improvement project, shopping for a new sofa or kitchen table or meeting healthcare and dental needs. Others just want a financial tool that allows them to make everyday purchases while earning rewards. Our team works together with groups across the company, including the bankers in our 6,200 banking stores, to provide financing in the form of general-purpose cards, co-branded cards and private-label and industry cards. Our team is 6,700 strong, working in communities across the nation, and focused on doing our very best to help our customers succeed financially.
The Operational Risk Consultant 4 will be responsible for the design, development, and execution of end-to- end business process reviews for Cards & Retail Services (CRS). Using a blend of audit, operational risk, business management, and process improvement skills, these reviews provide value-added consulting and credible challenge to the line of business and their existing processes. In addition, the Operational Risk Consultant 4 will support various growth, expense & de-risk driven initiatives across CRS.
Specifically, this role will:
- Review processes and controls with a lens of improving the effectiveness of processes and design of controls while reducing risk. Document risk management activities in a clear and consistent manner, and ensure operational excellence from end-to-end. May lead small groups of professional staff in the execution of these reviews. The focus will be on optimizing the end-to-end cardholder experience taking a Business Value Stream view of the cardholder lifecycle
- Executing on a wide variety of operational risk topics to evaluate the risk to the business, determine whether the design of control is appropriate and functioning as intended, identify and address any gaps, and implement practical solutions to mitigate risk
- Ability to continually learn complex line of business processes and then assess for effectiveness, unmitigated risk, and opportunities for enhancement
- Communicate results from process/control design reviews to senior management effectively and be able to influence and drive change. Negotiate proposed solutions and as needed alternate methods of mitigating any risk or improving process/control design with senior management and staff, demonstrate strategic thinking and big-picture orientation, business acumen, and excellent understanding of both operational and compliance risks and controls within business processes
- Clear, demonstrated ability to solve problems and implement solutions independently in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in assigned Acceleration Team Projects with various business line partners and other stakeholders to identify, assess and deliver ‘transformational change’ in terms of the way we do business
- Design, development, and execution of high-risk process reviews. Including process mapping, risk and control identification/assessment, management consulting, and preparation of formal written reports and process flows providing recommendations for improvement
- Perform research and analysis on a wide variety of operational risk topics and emerging risks; including, evaluating their applicability to CRS, assessing the risk, making recommendations to management to address any weaknesses, and working directly with the business to implement those solutions. Significant personal accountability to document and implement control solutions on their own
- Create and maintain strong risk management program documentation that describes how CRS controls manage many facets of operational risk across the business in a clear and consistent manner
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes and control design
- Develop and continuously enhance the use of data analytics and system controls to more effectively manage operational risk. Work will be done in connection with COR team
- Lead or participate in other emerging operational risk initiatives
- Participate in other ‘transformational’ initiatives designed to drive revenue, efficiency and improved risk management across CRS
**Preference for position to be located in one of the posted locations; however, consideration will be given to candidates across the Wells Fargo footprint.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Subject matter expert on risks and controls, including being able to balance the need to mitigate risks while also being able to provide practical solutions that the business can implement timely
- Critical thinking skills are required – the ability to connect the dots when faced with disparate and ambiguous data points and being able to lay out logical approaches to solving challenges is necessary
- Strong project management and relationship management skills
- Must be able to facilitate large group efforts and drive consensus
- Ability to work in small teams, with large working groups, and independently
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change while prioritizing effectively and delivering high quality work in tight timeframes
- Ability to see the big picture (trends) but also able to focus on the details to drive execution
- Experience with business process and IT change activities, e.g., business process reengineering, six sigma, lean methodologies, systems conversions, SDLC, agile methodologies, offshoring, etc. A Green Belt Certification is highly desirable with practical experience is using key tools which as FMEA, Fishbone Diagram, SIPOC, Control Charts, RACI etc
- Experience with Business Process Frameworks & Taxonomies such as APQC and Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- Proven track record of extraordinary performance in diverse risk management roles. Credibility with their partners through a balance of deep technical expertise and strong relationship management
- Ability to develop strong, effective, and efficient control solutions for complex problems independently
- Experience working with internal and external auditors and examiners
- Proven experience in building partnerships, collaborating and influencing at all levels and across lines of business as well as with corporate partners
- High degree of initiative and strong ability to meet principal accountabilities with limited direction and oversight; prioritize and organize work with limited supervision while still meeting deadlines
- Ability to identify and understand a broad spectrum of risk issues, how they apply to the businesses, articulate relevant factors, and evaluate alternate solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas, provide insight into the evolving risk management environment, and ability to clearly articulate potential gaps in the business group's approach to risk management
- Demonstrated excellence at identifying stakeholders, understanding needs, and driving to resolution
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative problem solving skills
- Ability to manage conflict and provide credible challenge to the business on risk related issues
- A true team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
- Certification in a relevant risk management discipline, including Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), etc
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.