At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
It starts with you…
Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
At Wells Fargo, we invest in our people. Our diverse lines of business offer unique opportunities to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team and function committed to providing Wells Fargo with world-class technology risk management. The Operational Risk organization continues to build out a world-class technology risk management capability.
The Technology Risk Management Oversight organization is responsible for establishing the strategic direction and management of Wells Fargo’s enterprise technology risk management program, including developing, approving and maintaining the technology risk management framework. This role reports to the Head of Compliance Technology Risk and will be generally accountable, in an Independent Risk Management (IRM), for oversight and credible challenge of all operational & compliance risk, regulatory enabling technology solutions (architecture, design, implementation, maintenance), helping to ensure these activities maintain compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and internal policies and standards. Consistent with other programs overseen by Corporate Risk, the Technology Risk program provides IRM oversight to ensure an independent, integrated, and holistic view of Wells Fargo technology risks.
Responsibilities for this position are:
- Identification of risks and raising issues, escalating early and providing constructive credible challenge supported by appropriate rationale and evidence.
- Ensuring the enterprise has the right people, processes, information and technologies in place to allow enterprise technology designed solutions to sustainably support compliance requirements for Wells Fargo businesses
- Assisting business teams and compliance subject matter experts with ongoing assessments of the technology environment as they relate to managing compliance risk.
- Ensuring compliance requirements are effectively captured and built into standard technology architecture, design, application development, change management, and project management processes and standards.
- Participation in critical regulatory compliance enterprise programs or projects with significant technology risks.
- Analyzing operational risk domain (e.g. compliance & regulatory data focus) requirements against the proposed solutions to determine risk levels, control effectiveness and to evaluate the risk of solutions not meeting requirements
- Oversight of the integration of requirements from the broader operational risk domains into existing compliance and technology risk management processes (e.g. risk assessments, monitoring of controls)
- Review and advise on risk mitigation & operational effectiveness
- Review, assess and challenge the work products produced across regulatory compliance technology enabling solutions.
- Creation of risk points of View (POV), risk briefs and credible challenges
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the lines of business, technology, operational risk and compliance peers
- Being an effective change agent, identifying new and innovative ways to identity and effectively manage technology risk.
- Knowledge of best-practice risk management techniques across financial services industry.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Knowledge and understanding of issues or change management processes
- Experience working with brokerage and wealth management technology solutions supporting compliance regulations of the OCC, FINRA, SEC and other relevant regulatory bodies
- Knowledge and experience with technology-related regulatory requirements and frameworks including FFIEC,COBIT, COSO, NIST, ISO
- Strong background in technology and data management including experience with risk systems and risk governance
- Demonstrated experience with information technology change management with areas such as systems development lifecycle, architecture, application support, control automation and data analytics.
- Experience with business process risk management and business process frameworks (i.e. APQC).
- Proven ability to collaborate with and present to multiple stakeholders, including business leaders, legal, audit and multiple US regulators.
- Experience with assessing the adequacy of policies, procedures, processes, and compliance and operational controls in a significantly large and complex organization.
- Working knowledge of risk management frameworks, including but not limited to: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Knowledge of BCBS239 guidance and other key regulatory guidance
- Experience participating in and/or leading regulatory exams
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.