At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
At Wells Fargo, we invest in our people. Our diverse lines of business offer unique opportunities to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
Corporate Risk provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Operational Risk is looking for an Operational Risk Consultant to be a member of the Operational Risk Assessment Oversight Team. This role is ideal for an individual contributor generally recognized as an industry or subject matter expert in operational risk and risk assessment. As part of the ORAO I team, this individual will support the strategy, implementation and ongoing execution and enhancement of the Operational Risk & Compliance Assessment Program and Risk and Control Self-Assessment process and tool. In addition to supporting ongoing execution of the ORCAP and RCSA, this individual will be responsible for leading and supporting ongoing enhancements of the RCSA program within the Shared Risk Platform (SHRP).
Primary responsibilities for the individual in this role will be:
Maintain a thorough understanding of the SHRP functionality supporting the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process;
Partner with the user community and technology to ensure system changes/enhancements are appropriate, effectively designed and tested prior to their move to production;
Lead discussions around the gathering of business requirements for Archer system enhancements;
Create business requirement user stories and supporting documentation (e.g., process flows);
Lead the translation of the business requirements for EIT configuration;
Lead the development of test plan components and test scripts to validate business requirements;
Lead troubleshooting of system defects around RCSA Archer solutions;
Ensure all functionality-related training, documentation and user-facing materials are continuously updated to reflect changes/enhancements
Other locations may be considered for this opportunity within the Wells Fargo footprint.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 5+ years of experience with the RSA Archer system and the gathering of business requirements for enhancements
- Knowledge and understanding of business requirements gathering and translation to technical requirements
- Ability to act as a liaison between technical design staff and business requester to ensure all business requirements are met
- Experience translating business needs into complex analysis, designs and recommendations
- Experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with virtual and/or geographically dispersed teams
- Experience with Basel operational risk regulatory requirements
- Previous experience with operational risk assessment
- Must be an excellent communicator, collaborator and relationship builder and have strong problem solving skills
- Proven record of success working in a highly-regulated, quality-focused environment with complex compliance and/or operational controls
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work with minimal direction and take initiative and ownership in decision-making and problem solving
- Experience working with regulatory agencies and internal/external audit
- Preparing and presenting reports to peers and leaders- normal Microsoft skill set
- Ability to offer credible challenge
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.