At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Corporate Risk provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Third Party Corporate Risk Management Program team provides companywide leadership, support and oversight to ensure understanding and effective management of third party strategic and reputation risk across the enterprise. The Operational Risk Manager will be part of the TPRM Oversight team and will play a key role in managing the execution of TPRM monitoring and oversight activities. Oversight is to include macro level oversight applied by analyzing and articulating an enterprise and LOB view of third party risk. In addition, oversight is to include micro level oversight applied by conducting root cause analysis of issues and incident/events arising among relationships with third party service providers. The role requires close partnership across business units and across other Corporate Risk Management Programs.
The successful candidate will be one of the leaders in the effort to continue to develop, implement, and provide ongoing support for the Third Party Risk Management oversight. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Development, implementation, enhancement and execution of independent risk management assessment activities
- Design and lead the TPRM policy and regulatory management program including Third Party Service Provider policy management, third party policy proponent and third party regulatory proponent
- Demonstrated ability to coach/manage team members, actively lead discussions, work through problems and reach decisions, develop team members
- Proven ability to coach and lead a team in a dynamic work environment with multiple priorities and tight timelines
- Demonstrated competency with accurate verbal and written communications and the ability to present results of independent risk management assessment activities in the right voice for the intended audience
Location: Charlotte, NC and Chandler, AZ are preferred, but open to any location within the Wells Fargo footprint
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 8+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo s Third Party Information Management Systems (TRIMS) database
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Excellent relationship management, collaboration and influence skills, especially with difficult topics when collaborating with senior management
- Experience in designing and execution of review activity programs
- Experience working with Third Party Risk Management
- Experience working with the Third Party Risk Management program, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management program and Policy Management Program
- Strong prioritization and follow up skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used in root cause analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, preferably Excel
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.