At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
The Regulatory Risk and Exam Leader will provide support to all Wells Fargo Home Lending Servicing activities examined by the OCC, CFPB, Government-Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs), independent risk management and audit functions (Wells Fargo Audit Services, Risk Asset Review) and various rating agencies and private investors. This open position will require a strong Operational Risk Manager 3 that understands how to engage with external examiners, properly assess risks and controls in a process and design effective controls to lead Servicing in strengthening our operating environment. This will drive our proactive effort forward to reassess risk in our business processes, identify control gaps or weaknesses, and drive the effort to build a stronger more proactive environment. We need to make more progress in this area and give our high risk business processes a key focus. The position would be responsible for:
• Continue to manage a consistent and standardized exam management support process across all servicing business lines.
• Ensure seamless facilitation and coordination of multiple servicing exams going on simultaneously by frequently and clearly communicating with all stakeholders to ensure exam objectives are met and deliverables are provided in an accurate and timely manner.
• Credibly challenge the business to ensure their processes and exam deliverables are accurately depicted. Likewise, credibly challenge examiners to ensure issues noted are fully vetted to understand associated inherent and residual risks
• Provide credible challenge and ensure coordination with key business stakeholders, including front line and independent risk management, Credit Risk, Legal, and WFAS, as applicable, with responses to regulatory inquiries and supervisory matters.
• Partner with other Operational Risk Managers on emerging industry risks and regulatory initiatives/changes to ensure process alignment and risks are properly mitigated and supported with the appropriate policies/procedures, training programs, systems, and customer communications.
• Ensure exam issues noted, which may have egregiously impacted customers, are escalated following established protocols.
• Inspire his/her team every day. Being a supportive, but honest, coach and mentor, recognizing greatness early and often, and ensuring the team has the opportunity to do its best every day. In addition, this leader must be able to embrace change and help others cope with it. He/she must demonstrate the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and lead their team by example each and every day.
To thrive in this fast paced environment, the successful candidate must have demonstrated ability to learn rapidly and solve problems dynamically, excellent and insightful communication skills to unite diverse opinions, high degree of initiative with a strong drive for results, and strong interpersonal skills to build relationship and agreements between partners. Wells Fargo values and promotes diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 8+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of mortgage industry experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to positively influence, motivate, and direct diverse teams
- Ability to work across multiple lines of business leading large scale initiatives
- Experience driving and leading organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience with governance and oversight requirements for regulatory and risk reporting
- Risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.