At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wholesale Banking, led by Perry Pelos, provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. It has nine major business lines, including: Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and Principal Investments. It also has groups in credit risk, operational risk and compliance, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office supporting its businesses.
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within the Wholesale Banking group of Wells Fargo, supporting the Wholesale businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses, delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk across Wholesale. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The Wholesale Control organization is comprised of a series of risk and control teams including: (1) Business Control teams managing risk and controls for each of the Wholesale businesses; (2) Risk Operations teams managing risk-type programs (e.g. regulatory, financial crimes, operational risk, conduct) and associated controls and operations; (3) Governance & Programs teams managing cross-functional risk and controls (e.g. governance and reporting, issue management, regulatory relations and review activities, enterprise risk programs, control assurance, etc.) spanning across risk-type programs and Wholesale businesses; (4) Functional teams supporting business enablement and infrastructure (e.g. strategic planning, operational excellence, transformation, analytics, reporting, and administration).
The Commercial Banking Analytics, Reporting & Administration Control Senior Officer will help develop analytics, reporting, and administrative capabilities to drive consistency, efficiency, and quality across the various regulatory, operations, and support functions within the Commercial Banking Control team.
- Help design and implement front-line risk and control reporting across assigned lines of business, ensuring consistent standards and aggregation of reports.
- Help develop risk data and analytics across the Commercial Banking lines of business, ensuring consistent standards, and in close coordination with Wells Fargo's Data Management & Insights group.
- Support administration and infrastructure coordination on behalf of the Control Executive (including expense/budget planning, leadership meeting routines, workforce planning, team member engagement, talent management, communication and training, etc.).
- Help implement a fully integrated analytics, reporting, and administration infrastructure to support the group and leverage resources for multiple, on-going activities/initiatives.
- Help build a high performing risk management organization that meets heightened risk management expectations.
The Senior Officer will work closely with other senior leaders across Commercial Banking in the development and execution of company risk management strategies, and will develop partnerships with many business and functional areas and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the Company’s risk management execution/direction.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Preferred Locations: Minneapolis, MN; Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; however other Wells Fargo locations will be considered.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Demonstrated leadership capability, integrity, and credibility
- Articulate with strong inter-personal effectiveness
- Strong relationship management, influencing, vision, and execution skills
- Ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment
- Strong sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement
- Understanding of best-practice risk management techniques across financial services industry
- Strong communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership, and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the business and enterprise Risk function
- Proven project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end to end risk management solutions and controls aligned with business/customer processes
- Deep understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs to translate into plans for the business, function, and/or risk type
- Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate
- Proven ability to build and lead a high performing risk management organization in a matrixed environment, ensure proper staffing and expertise exists, and coach and enable others in risk management and risk ownership
- Strong analytical ability to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early, and engage in constructive credible challenge, independently when necessary
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Ability to design and implement control analytics and reporting to drive effective decision making and results
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and analyze issues with data collected from multiple sources, and knowledge of how to ask the right questions to obtain the information needed to size up a situation properly
- Proven experience in leading business support services, providing effective administration and infrastructure support required to enable team performance
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.