At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk Control (WFCRC) team is responsible for the coordination, assessment and execution of Wholesale Banking’s Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) Program. Specifically, WFCRC ensures that Wholesale Banking complies with Wells Fargo’s Enterprise BSA/AML Program and applies the Enterprise Program to Wholesale Banking to effectively manage BSA/AML risk. WFCRC provides the central governance for all Wholesale Banking lines of business (“LOB”) to drive consistency in approach, interpretation and execution, while coordinating and partnering with each LOB financial crimes team to ensure accountability and ownership remain within each LOB. This team will report to the Wholesale Group Control Executive in the first line of defense, which is accountable for assessing and effectively managing all risks, including BSA/AML, within Wholesale Banking. WFCRC will partner with line of business (“LOB”), operations, risk and compliance team members, Wholesale Control Executive Office, Enterprise Financial Crimes Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and Testing & Validation to advocate and ensure alignment in scope, purpose, expectations and execution of the Wholesale Financial Crimes Program. The team will achieve this through a focus on strong communication, strategic planning, thoughtful and meaningful tracking/reporting, and timely escalation and change management.
The Wholesale Financial Crimes Operations (WFCO) team within WFCRC, performs centralized operational functions to adhere to company and regulatory standards for BSA/AML compliance. The WFCO performs multiple centralized efforts on behalf of front line businesses to demonstrate Know-Your-Customer (KYC) requirements, and determine risks associated with customer relationships in order to document acceptance and mitigating controls, where applicable. WFCO is responsible for coordinating with numerous groups and front line businesses to manage interdependent programs/projects, as well as coordinate changes driven by other organizations. This includes the coordination of program Standards and requirements across Wells Fargo location Outside of the United States.
WFCO has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, forward-thinking Operational Risk Manager (ORM). The ORM will report to the WFCO Lead and will help provide BSA/AML expertise, support, direction, oversight, and leadership to the non-US teams and jurisdictions of FCO, and will work closely with Independent Risk Management (IRM) and Front Line leadership teams. This individual will oversee the implementation and development of front line KYC programs within EMEA, APAC, and the CAN regions of Wells Fargo, to ensure consistency in design and execution with the WFCO design and operating model, where appropriate.
The ORM4 will lead a team to provide oversight and management tasks to include, but not limited to:
- Serve as initial point of contact for Wells Fargo regional team members and business partners
- Provide two-way communication between the US and Regional teams
- Drive consistency in the design and development of Wells Fargo’s non-US operational teams
- Work closely with KYC teams in regions to keep them informed and serve as an escalation point where appropriate
- Provide two-way reporting on project and initiative progress, operational metrics/dashboards and other forms of status reporting
- Provide a FCO presence within the regions physically and remotely to ensure close alignment and oversight
- Provide support to Enterprise projects and initiatives as needed
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Location(s): Preference: Charlotte NC, San Francisco CA, Phoenix AZ, and New York City NY however other locations within Wells Fargo hubs may be considered.
If applying through LinkedIn, use #WFRiskJobRequired Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Experience working in a regional environment and understanding of regional, country, and legal entity complexities and expectations.
- Ability to support initiatives globally and across varying time zones in EMEA, APAC, and the Americas
- In-depth knowledge of Wholesale Banking processes and operating requirements at a large, complex, and globally-diverse financial institution
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative partnerships and facilitate efforts across business units, creating alliances among diverse stakeholders
- 6+ years' Financial Services Industry at a full-service financial institution with domestic and international operations with at least 2 years in Wholesale Banking or similar experience
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and attention to detail and quality deliverables
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Regulatory and Financial Crimes Compliance experience
- Wholesale Line Of Business experience
- Leadership ability to motivate team members, actively lead and facilitate discussions, and drive toward decisions that are in the best interest of Wells Fargo and our customers
- Must be a proactive self-starter who values personal accountability and thrives under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Proven ability to navigate through ambiguity and maintain momentum driving for results and clarity in uncertain situations
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to write & communicate items in a consumable form by senior executives
- Ability to leverage creative thinking and problem solving skills to facilitate decisions to ensure project outcomes result in expected business value
- Ability to analyze data and connect the dots, making recommendations to management and the project teams in a timely manner
- Ability to manage and/or collaborate with geographically dispersed teams and matrixed relationships
- Demonstrated core competencies in Leadership, Business Acumen in Wholesale Banking and Risk Management, Change Management, Project Management, and Process Improvement
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.