At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
The Operational Risk Leader will specifically ensure that Retail issues are appropriately prioritized, tracked, monitored, and escalated where necessary to ensure timely resolution. This requires development of relationships across multi-disciplinary functions of Home Lending, Risk Organizations and other LOB/Support organizations. The role reports to the head of Production Quality & Risk Management (PQRM) which is part of National Underwriting & Risk Management (NUPRM) in Home Lending Retail.
Specifically, this leader will:
• Develop and refine issue management and corrective action process capabilities across Home Lending Retail, change delivery partners, process engineering, technology, etc.
• Determine resources for, and coordinate resolution of issues that typically span across Home Lending Retail and are assigned to NUPRM to coordinate resolution.
• Provide oversight and specific strategic involvement in regulatory Matters Requiring Attention (MRAs). In some cases these are MRAs owned by Home Lending Retail and in other cases Retail is materially involved for MRAs owned in other parts of Home Lending, etc. This position provides both leadership oversight and direct involvement in ensuring MRAs are resolved.
• Manage and oversee Home Lending Retail Commitment to Customer (C2C) remediation team.
• Develop enhanced capabilities for retail emerging risk research, insights & response. Including:
o Ensuring NUPRM and PQRM are involved/incorporated into ongoing meetings, committees, activities to determine where emerging or actual risk needs to be evaluated and addressed
o Developing a process for risk assessing key retail change efforts to determine whether appropriate controls are built into the change and risk is effectively managed
o Implementing improvements to Retail complaint root cause analysis and identification of themes/trends that require resolution to reduce complaints
• Enhance, improve, and in some cases build, risk management capabilities within Retail, across Home Lending (in certain cases) and across Consumer Banking (in some cases). This may include, but not be limited to the following:
o Rapid response capabilities for issues impacting customers/team members
o Analysis and optimization of risk management processes and related staffing e.g. EGS opportunities, process improvement, etc.
This leader will report to the Production Quality & Risk Management Leader, and lead a team of highly skilled managers and consultants.
The successful candidate will have a track record of success in building and managing industry-leading risk functions in the financial services industry. The leader will have substantial experience leading "best-in-class" regulatory response and risk management functions. This leader must have a thorough knowledge of regulatory expectations and support the business in meeting these expectations. Leadership, relationship management, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will have strong interpersonal effectiveness.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong understanding of risk management and control concepts/functions
- Consumer Lending industry experience; including familiarity with key consumer lending laws and compliance regulations
- Experience leading and execution responses to regulatory matters
- Effective relationship management skills; ability to influence others
- Demonstrated credibility with internal and external parties
- Solid leadership skills
- Ability to influence and create an environment that fosters collaboration and credible challenge across multiple levels of the organization
- Experience interacting with senior leaders, collecting and interpreting executive priorities and collaborative approach to decision making
- Experience prioritizing and leading highly complex work efforts
- Audit, operational risk and/or compliance risk experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Beyond experience, the right personal style and attitude are critical to success in this role. This individual will be recognized as:
- Strong communicator and the ability to know the audience and deliver the right message to Senior Leaders.
- Strategic Leadership – Creating and achieving a desired future state [vision] through influence on individual and group goals, reinforcements and systems.
- Results oriented with outstanding ability to motivate teams and mobilize the resources to accomplish objectives.
- Critical thinker with an investigative / inquiring mindset to provide credible challenge to LOB owners.
- A true team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally.
- Organizational Awareness – Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, pressures, and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on investors, customers, and clients.
- A respected business partner who adds value to the broader team.
- A strong and effective manager and leader, capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining and promoting talented and productive staff.
- An impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency, big picture orientation and business acumen.
- A self-starter with a working knowledge of risk management fundamentals and policy creation.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic.
- Able to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.