At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Corporate Risk, the Operational Risk Group is responsible for independently overseeing the management of operational risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate operational risk exposures across groups, legal entities, geographies and jurisdictions) and the quality of operational risk management practices across the company. Responsibilities of this group include:
- Developing, maintaining, and ensuring adherence to enterprise-wide risk frameworks, policies, standards and procedures that are aligned with the board-approved risk appetite statements;
- Providing subject matter expertise, advising on risk management best practices and conducting analysis to strengthen risk posture;
- Oversee first line of defense in implementing the requisite controls, processes, and systems to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as Wells Fargo frameworks, policies and procedures;
- Credibly challenging management’s decisions, business processes and activities; and escalating operational and compliance concerns and issues (including breaches and near breaches of relevant risk appetite tolerances and limits) to senior management and the Board, as appropriate.
The Analytics and Intelligence Engagement Team Leader is responsible for partnering across Corporate Operational Risk Oversight (CORO) and Operational Risk Business Oversight (ORBO) to understand and deliver on requirements and solutions supporting an advanced analytics capability. This position will build a team that will work across a number of stakeholder groups to understand how we can better inform credible challenge and oversight across operational risk types and lines of business.
Primary responsibilities to include:
- Establish and manage the requirements gathering process for the Analytics and Intelligence team to deliver to CORO and ORBO.
- Provide ongoing contextual support / subject matter expertise for data and analytics consumed by CORO and ORBO.
- Establish and sustain a workflow and prioritization process to support recurring and ad hoc analytics needs.
Location: Open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprint.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of data management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- An extensive background in driving solutions specifically supporting risk reporting and analytics;
- Solid understanding of how data is used and managed within risk environments;
- Demonstrated command of business process design.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas.
- Significant experience working with cross functional business teams implementing and driving consensus for business focused data architecture initiatives.
- Proven experience in building partnerships, collaborating and influencing at senior levels and across lines of business as well as with corporate partners.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.