At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wholesale Banking, led by Perry Pelos, provides financial solutions to businesses, across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. It has nine major business lines, including: Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and Principal Investments. It also has groups in credit risk, operational risk and compliance, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office supporting its businesses.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within the Wholesale Banking group of Wells Fargo, supporting the Wholesale businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses, delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk across Wholesale. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
This position will report to the Wholesale Governance & Strategy Manager. This Operational Risk Manager 4 - Wholesale Risk Acceptance Lead role will be responsible for developing and managing Wholesale Banking’s Risk Acceptance process. The position will lead a small team that is charged with expanding the current Risk Acceptance program, coordinating risk acceptance process across Wholesale lines of business and risk types, and facilitating required monitoring and reporting for these activities.
- Develop and administer the Wholesale Risk Acceptance program
- Represent program and performance to senior management and risk committee
- Maintain and enhance required Wholesale policies/procedures associated with programs
- Assist with integration of Risk Acceptance into other risk programs as necessary
- Manage team to provide required reporting and ensure Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) is current
- Consolidate, review, and provide critical thought to LOBs regarding their risk acceptance activities
- Hire and train risk consultants to support programs
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Preferred Locations are Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA; Saint Louis Park, MN; however other Wells Fargo hub locations and telecommute will be considered.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Knowledge and understanding of Regulatory Risk and Compliance policies and programs
- Policy and strategy development experience
- Experience successfully escalating complex issues and tracking follow-through to completion
- Experience conducting root cause analysis for data-driven, process-related improvements
- Knowledge and understanding of wholesale banking products and services
- Knowledge and understanding of Risk Management Information Systems
- Ability to consult with business partners to define key performance metrics, dashboards, or scorecards
- Experience developing, implementing, and monitoring a risk-based compliance program to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal, and regulatory requirements, or providing oversight to a compliance function
- Database experience
- Exposure to Wells Fargo’s Shared Risk Platform (SHRP)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.