At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Within the Operations team our Operations Services and Delivery team supports and provides processing activities for customer transactions, fulfillment, account maintenance and reconcilement and research for internal and external customers. Our environment is energetic and innovative; we are committed to providing superior service, and we work to achieve Wells Fargo's business goals.
The Operations Legal Clerk 1 will assist Operations Legal Processors in responding to legal orders.
• Tracks, documents and files court documents and legal orders
• Responds to and coordinates in-coming and out-going correspondence; understands and prioritizes timeframes associated writs, levies and other legal documents.
• May provide training to new team members regarding both internal processes and external state specific statues.
• Prepares and sends answers for legal orders (Writs/Levies of garnishments) served on the bank.
• Performs high volume, time-sensitive tasks requiring intermediate research and clear communication with leads and the processing team.
• Will gather information from intranet-based system and processing team to document answers, copy the documents for scanning, and mail the originals before regulation-driven deadlines.
• Maintaining files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible.
• Documents are assigned by state but team member's work together to assist each other as needed.
• A high degree of accuracy and control is required to keep the bank in compliance with state and bank regulations.
• This role is responsible for opening/sorting and distributes incoming mail received via FedEx USPS, Emails (Microsoft Outlook), CSC (Corporation Service Company) and preparing documents for shipment to DSR (Document Storage & Retrieval) for imaging.
• May also become a notary to assist in notarizing court documents.
Hours will be Monday – Friday between the hours of 6:30am to 6:30pm
***open ended end time***
Schedule can change based on the needs of the department and overtime may be required.
**Please note the posting duration may be shortened based on job seeker volume**
- 1+ year of operations experience, legal processing experience, or a combination of both
- Ability to perform general operation processing work
- Basic knowledge and understanding of legal terms and processes
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents
Proficient Microsoft Office skillsDisclaimer
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.