Directly supervises 2 or more employees in the Operations Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Oversees operations and administrative functions at an individual site location.
- Responsible for managing the safety performance, operating practices and financial productivity of the operation
- Responsible for customer interface and monitoring the quality of the service in accordance with the terms of any applicable contractual arrangements
- Assists in railcar switching function as required
- Assumes a leadership role in supervising crews, schedules, personnel and maintains payroll with the targeted budget
- Conducts efficiency and operating tests according to company practices
- Conducts incident investigations and prepares associated reports- derailments; personal injury
- Hires new employees to fill vacancies; trains new employees in operating practices according to federal regulations and company policies; administers discipline as needed
- Knowledge and understanding of safety rules and procedures
- Possess communication, analytical and management skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer skills
- Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5 years work experience in the railroad industry, with supervisory duties.
- Knowledge and understanding of FRA regulations required.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Columbus, Georgia, United States