Title Operations Manager Boston EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Description
The Trolley Operations Manager's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the logistical aspects of the daily tour operation, participate in 'Manager on Duty' functions, opening procedures, morning briefings, distribution of cash banks, dispatching and closing cash out recap process.
- Assist the GM in managing and supervising; planning and organizing workloads, assignments and schedules; preparing budgets; participate in the interview, audition and approval process; train, counsel, motivate and evaluate assigned staff;
- Maintaining a safe work environment to ensure compliance with DOT, OSHA, ADA, federal, state and local regulations.
- When necessary drive in a safe, drive in a safe, competent manner a non-air-conditioned trolley that is 27 feet to 42 feet in length on busy public streets while entertaining guests by narrating a scripted sightseeing tour of approximately 1 1/2 -2 hours in duration.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle stressful situations and difficult people both in person, over the telephone and via the radio while maintaining a professional and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to handle a heavy workload, set priorities, organize workload and handle multiple responsibilities in a quality manner.
- Ability to learn and memorize scripted tours and routes as assigned.
- Shall be able to travel and work in excess of standard 40 hours and to be available during evenings, weekends, holidays and non-working hours when necessary.
- Shall be able to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow CASTmembers, the general public, law enforcement and emergency personnel.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, climb stairs multiple times each day, lift up to 20 pounds to a height of 45 inches and carry it 10 yards and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.
- Prior management experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record for the past three years.
- Will provide training to acquire a Class C or higher CDL with passenger endorsement.
- Must pass a DOT physical upon employment.
- Spanish proficiency desirable.
- Competitive wage
- All FT Employees are eligible for: Two weeks paid Vacation the first year, Well-Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability
- All FT & PT employees are eligible for: 401K and Sick Time
- Flexible schedules including a combination of weekdays and weekends
- Fun, upbeat work environment
- Discounts in retail stores and free tickets to our company attractions
This position is currently accepting applications.