Job Purpose: Assists the General Manager and/or Asst General Manager in supervising daily operations. Monitors employee performance, identifies safety issues, and addresses operational needs. Specific job responsibilities will vary by location.
- Assumes first-line supervision of location employees. Ensures company policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists the General Manager in day-to-day operational oversight of location operations including billing, payroll, routing/scheduling, DOT & state Dept of Education compliance, accounts receivable and accounts payable, recruitment and hiring of location employees.
- Ensures drivers have the daily documentation necessary to complete their routes. Ensures completed charter documentation for processing. Coordinates field trips by the assignment of personnel and vehicles. Ensures vehicles dispatched are in proper working condition and daily DVI (pre and post trip) forms have been submitted.
- Coordinates the dispatching, in-service monitoring, and turn-in activities involved in daily transit operations. Acts as back up member of Dispatch or Scheduling team.
- Develops manpower requirements for Dispatchers, Operators, and assists with evaluating trip patterns for run structure revisions.
- Develops procedure manuals for Dispatchers, Road Supervisors, Drivers, and Service Personnel. Holds routine meetings with Dispatch and Scheduling staff to respond to service issues and keep staff abreast of customer or company changes and requirements.
- Completes necessary daily and/or weekly reports for company and customer (stand by report, Vehicle Maintenance Report, Manpower Report, Service Quality, and Complaint / Commendation Report).
- Tracks and maintains employee attendance system, processes driver and operations staff vacation requests. Maintains/orders necessary driver and staff uniforms.
- Monitors and evaluates Operations activities. Includes: vehicle on-time statistics, missed runs, revenue/cost data, total work hours, total pay hours, customer complaint data, accident data, road call data, and other operations related functions.
- Recommends and disciplines operations personnel. Interviews necessary drivers and staff and completes customer complaint investigations.
- Informs Contract Manager of potential risks in the operation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and may assist with other areas based on location needs.
- Implements management policies and makes decisions regarding proper enforcement
- Resolves customer/parent complaints.
- Recommends actions to General Manager including personnel and discipline.
- Develops procedure documents.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience & Skills Required:
- 3-5 years experience in transportation.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Accounting and detailed reporting experience.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials, and general public.
- Work extended hours regularly, including weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Possess working vehicle to travel within service area as needed.
- Meet customer certification requirements in operations software and able to act as system administrator to assist resolving local user issues.