Job Purpose: Responsible for implementation and support of business-critical operations technologies (Trapeze, Route Match, Info Suite, etc.) which requires serving as a subject matter expert on the tools and making recommendations on the best application of the tools into the operating environment.
Works closely with key business stakeholders, portfolio managers, and subject matter experts to understand the drivers for business change and enables strategic business goals and objectives through the use of technology. Builds strong relationships within the operating company and assists in the elicitation, analysis, and realization of critical business needs.
Also, responsible for managing of team of Business Analysts as they conduct location performance assessments, make best practices recommendations, train on technology solutions and facilitate the implementation of those solutions. These activities, overall, support the improvement of service quality and financial performance of First Transit operations.
- Serve as a technology subject matter expert for Trapeze, Route Match, Info Suite and other routing, scheduling, dispatching and reporting tools.
- Develop and manage technology solution packages by service type for use by Business Development and Operations.
- Manage technology supplier relationships to ensure performance and support of 3rd party products.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of emerging technology trends and developments in areas of interest to the business.
- Identifies opportunities of improvement where technology solutions can be leveraged.
- Conduct client meetings to gather requirements, propose technology plans, advise, and communicate progress of ongoing projects and initiatives.
- Work with Operations and Business Development to proactively engage with Tier 1 and 2 clients on new offerings.
- Work with Operations and Business Development to support startups of new locations inclusive of performing onsite work during go-live week.
- Maintains visibility to all planned and ongoing projects, and ensures that the impacts of these activities on the business organization are communicated to the appropriate business stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Works closely with Business Improvement Project Managers and IT personnel as appropriate when assigning/scheduling Business Analysts to provide transparency and coordination of work efforts; resulting in seamless service delivery to the business.
- Provides direction to Business Analysts, overseeing location performance assessments, training on technology solutions and activities related to the implementation/configuration of those solutions.
- Schedule and manage the installation and configuration of onboard equipment such as tablets, MDTs, signage, etc. at First Transit locations.
- Ensures changes are managed effectively and communicated to the appropriate business organization where the business may be impacted by the change to avoid disruption.
- Responds to help desk tickets as assigned.
- Assists IT with testing applications.
- Special projects as required.
List examples of common, everyday decisions made:
- Meet with clients to explain technology options and the value they potentially bring.
- Work with locations on the appropriate use of technology to get the most value from the products.
- Schedule and conduct work at First Transit locations to install, configure and train on new technology solutions.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) preferred
Experience & Skills Required:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with executive management.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with all levels of employees.
- Experience with program development and leadership.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions (include amount of travel): Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone.
Typical office environment, transit facilities, maintenance facilities, transit vehicles and airports
Must be able to physically deal with travel and managing personal luggage and equipment
Must be able to thoroughly inspect all facilities and vehicles
Travel 70% of time
List any additional measures applicable to this position (Revenue, Headcount, # of buses; Budgets $ etc.):
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.