An Operations Training Specialist is an effective leader and communicator whose primary focus is effective training of new and existing Anderson associates in an assigned District. The Operations Training Specialist will act as a subject matter expert and will support and lead training initiatives that support our goals of delivering World Class Execution which is defined as modular integrity, feature and display execution and signing compliance. They will also be responsible for increasing associate productivity and achievement. In addition, the Operations Training Specialist is responsible for professional and sales driven communication with managers and clients. This district leader must maintain the highest level of professionalism and support the 4 values and 10 rules at all times. We achieve optimal results by implementing the Anderson Approach, which consists of Collaboration, Presell and Awareness, Implementation, Reporting, and Analysis and Insights.
The Operations Training Specialist reports directly to the District Sales Manager (DSM).
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES, include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate daily with the DSM on training needs and opportunities. Trainers must align their messaging with the DSM and support the District goals and expectations.
- Responsible for communicating and collaborating on A+ Certification programs with associates and company training team.
- Identify performance gaps and develop and work directly with DSM to create District and individual improvement plans.
- Train associates in store management communication and collaborating to increase sales and execution.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all Anderson Merchandisers’ associates, clients, and contacts.
- Attend scheduled Market Manager meetings with the DSM.
Pre-Sell and Awareness
- Partner with operations and client services to provide feedback on upcoming projects.
- Communicate goals and metrics for products, programs, and initiatives.
- Conduct training sessions focused on skill improvement, client initiatives, and program launches.
- Train associates to sell placement and products to store leadership.
- Meet Company/Retailer/Client A+ Certification execution, compliance, and accuracy standards within District.
- Monitor and train associates to follow retailer guidelines regarding in store processes.
- A device expert that is responsible for ensuring knowledgeable, detailed understanding and consistent use of all available functions of handheld device for all personnel within District.
- Operations Training Specialist is responsible for ensuring quality training for all new hires in the District.
- Responsible for maximizing Company sales and profits while controlling expenses.
- Coach high level of associate performance and leadership development through regular store visits and quality feedback.
- Monitor and train associates to follow assigned schedules and complete daily activities.
- Maintain company, client, associate, and retailer confidentiality.
- Train and inspect to ensure that associates maintain the highest level of accuracy and integrity in activity reporting including quality feedback and accurate photos.
- Leverage Anderson Call Center and DSM to communicate additional feedback.
- Working knowledge of DASH Management and key components.
- Monitor dashboard and provided reports to analyze execution results.
- Provide solution-focused direction to field associates.
Analysis and Insights
- Train associates how to communicate specific sales and promo placement results to store leadership.
- Complete associate evaluations and assessments as needed.
- Communicate A+ Certification opportunities within District and create action plan for improvement.
- Report specific requests, needs, or best practices to DSM.
- Document observations and training successes and opportunities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Problem Solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, and maintains confidentiality.
- Leadership – the individual effectively teaches, coaches, and counsels associates by effectively communicating and providing follow-up.
- Interpersonal Skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits a willingness to try new things.
- Oral Communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors their own work to ensure quality.
- Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve.
- Integrity - the individual acts in such a way that instills trust from management, other associates, as well as customers. Acts with honesty while assisting customers, processing transactions, handling money, and confidential information.
- Teamwork - the individual has the ability to work with others including partners, vendors, and customers in a positive manner. They understand others’ roles and empower one another to take responsibility to be a successful team. Demonstrates a collaborative interaction with peers to reach a common goal.
- Availability to work weekends and nights, as needed.
- Availability to work overnight projects, as needed.
- Ability to make extensive travel within region to include overnight stays.
- Lifting objects and product up to a maximum of 50 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects/product up to 35 lbs., in addition, the ability to lift heavy objects up to 100 lbs. with assistance from another associate.
- Able to perform work while sitting, standing, or walking.
- Ability to perform work that regularly consists of bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, and fine manipulation of hands and/or fingers.
- Fully functioning upper and lower body mobility.
- High School diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Valid driver's license is required as travel to additional locations is necessary.
- Automobile liability insurance is required to be maintained.