At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Ops Risk & Compliance Data Technology Development Senior Manager is responsible for technology strategy, execution and data remediation for Operational Risk & Compliance domains. This technology leadership role requires strong domain expertise on Operational Risk, Compliance, Audit and Legal; and building large-scale data platforms using big-data architecture. This senior leader will be responsible for delivering data consumption strategy for Ops Risk & Compliance. This senior leader will also lead transformation of existing disparate data solutions and capabilities to an integrated, flexible and scalable data platform across Operational Risk and Compliance
The Operational Risk and Compliance Data Technology Development Senior Manager (Tech Dev Sr. Mgr. 1) will:
- Provide technology leadership for data delivery across Operational Risk (business continuity risk, data management risk, external fraud risk, technology risk, third party risk etc.) and Compliance (conduct risk, customer protection/deposits/employment/insurance/lending compliance risk, AML, fraud, financial crimes risk etc.).
- Provide technology leadership for Operational Risk and Compliance data domain across the Bank.
- Provide vision, set priorities, and budgets to meet data requirements across Operational Risk and Compliance.
- Build a high performing team from combination of new and existing talent.
- Build and operate a data platform across Risk that supports real-time and batch data sourcing/provisioning, data processing, data analytics and BI/reporting.
- Actively collaborate with business line senior executives in strategic planning and ensure integration of Operational Risk and Compliance data initiatives with enterprise wide data strategy.
- Assist business heads across Risk with ongoing assessment of the technology environment as it relates to effective management of data.
- Establish a technology roadmap to build out a best in class data technology environment to support data needs across Risk.
- Deliver data solutions by collaborating with other vertical and horizontal functions within Enterprise Risk & Finance Technology and broader Enterprise Information Technology groups.
- Manage and allocate technology professionals and financial resources to ensure that projects are completed within committed time and budget and align with strategic objectives.
- Effectively manage the integration complexity and interdependencies across the enterprise.
- Lead, operate and respond to real time challenges, given the dynamic nature of the business and technology environment.
- Be an effective change agent. Identify new and innovative ways to apply technology to solve data related problems.
- Manage technology delivery in a highly fluid and under external regulatory pressure by adroitly balancing speed of delivery and quality; and minimizing technology risk
- Leverage knowledge of industry trends to build best in class technology to provide competitive advantage.
The preferred work location is Charlotte, NC or Chandler, AZ, or Minneapolis, MN. Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently live in or are willing to relocate to Charlotte, NC or Chandler, AZ or Minneapolis, MN with limited to no relocation assistance.Required Qualifications
- 12+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of management experience in technology
- 10+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- 10+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 10+ years of data warehouse experience
- 10+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience or a combination of both
- 5+ years of operational risk, conduct risk or compliance domain experience
- 5 + years of experience creating and implementing strategic plans and roadmaps at the executive level for enterprise wide business initiatives
- 3+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop
- Management experience including large/multiple application development efforts within a small-to-medium size line of business
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Management experience in a large corporate, multi-line business organization
- Ability to articulate a complex problem, design, or build strategy
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to manage initiatives related to the following: architecture roadmap that aligns with business strategy and the broader architecture community; hardware and capacity planning, consolidation and rationalization; related emerging technology assessment and incubation
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- ETL, data warehouse and data analytics delivery experience on internal or external cloud platforms
- Experience in Hadoop ecosystem tools for real-time batch data ingestion, processing and provisioning such as Apache Flume, Apache Kafka, Apache Sqoop, Apache Flink, Apache Spark or Apache Storm
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 15+ years of application development and implementation experience
- Must be knowledgeable in processes related to risk and finance regulatory reporting
- Experience in leading Data Warehouse and Data Analytics applications for Operational Risk and Compliance
- Wells Fargo management experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.