BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
OPTICAL DIRECTOR, REGIONAL OPERATIONS
Responsible for supporting Optical business operations in BJ’s Clubs. Responsible for providing the tools, support, leadership and strategic direction necessary to deliver incremental revenue improvements and maximize Optical contributions. Supports a positive and professional work environment that emphasizes accountability, integrity and professional growth. Works cross-functionally and collaborates closely with Home Office and field leaders to ensure achievement of targeted business objectives.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Support operations standards, strategic priorities and achievement of financial goals of assigned clubs;
- Assist Club managers in day-to-day relationship management with independent O.D. leaseholders;
- Provide guidance and functional support to the Clubs to ensure that clubs achieve sales and Member-service related goals, primarily measured through key performance indicators (KPIs) results;
- Reinforce use of the Clubs’ P&L (profit and loss statement) to support critical business decisions, and analyze trends within the P&L to proactively plan actions;
- Communicate regularly with assigned clubs to monitor performance of all company policies, initiatives, programs, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) – regularly reporting and auditing each location’s performance and records and implementing corrective actions plans, where appropriate, to address non-compliant situations.
- Collaborate with HO and Club management on the training and development of Club Optical management.
- Build relationships/partnerships across the organization to collaborate and improve on Optical operations.
- Work in cooperation with ODs to ensure provision of maximum value and service to Members;
- Escalate all concerns relative to the Clubs’ Optical department to the Club’s General Manager to ensure that concerns are addressed in a timely fashion and routed to the correct individual for resolution. Work in cooperation with the Clubs’ management teams to resolve any concerns. Follow up/through on matters until completed or closed;
- Ensure that locations are delivering excellent Member service at all times.
- Maintain compliance with the organization’s confidentiality policy in accordance to the Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 7+ years of management experience in an Optical retail environment with 3+ years in a general/lead manager role. Experience in a regional role or multi-location GM role preferred.
- Strong business acumen skills required.
- Strong optical knowledge and acumen required (knowledge of current optical theory and practices, dispensing process, HIPAA, insurance co-pay/claims/RCM processes, optical best practices).
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill required.
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills with proven ability to organize & analyze data required.
- Ability to build and maintain trust-based, collaborative relationships and influence others required.
- Proven experience managing multiple priorities and projects across teams required.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with infrequent exposure to temperature extremes and loud noises.
- 100% travel required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.