For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function support the vision operations (retail vision stores, production lab) of the business. Only employees who are represented by a Union should be in this function.
- Job is in a manufacturing facility that produces ophthalmic eyewear.
- Candidate should be comfortable around machinery and able to work in a fast-paced noisy environment
- Need an experienced optician or someone with experience in manufacturing and handling small parts.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years of experience working in a fast-paced production environment
- Must be comfortable working with small parts and machinery
- Comfortable working Monday-Friday from 1:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. with possible OT on Saturdays as needed
- Experience working in an assembly line environment
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience
- Ability or experience using small handheld screwdrivers
- Experience working with table top machinery (Verifier and Optronic)
- Previous Optical Lab experience
- Been in a position for a minimum of 12 months in one of your last 4 positions.
- Comfortable in high production situation, and able to meet production goals, as well as be accountable for your production
Requirements and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift 25 - 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand most of the time during work shift
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Baltimore, customer service, healthcare, telephonic, patient interaction, field based, advocacy