External Job PostingPosition Overview:
Responsible for maximizing the optical center’s sales, profit and customer service objectives through the effective leadership of the optical team. Directly supervises all optical center operations including dispensing of eyewear, patient care, and financial performance of optical center. Directly responsible for all human resources activities within the optical center including the hiring, coaching, discipline, appraising, promoting, and if appropriate, terminating teammates. Ensures that the optical center meets all operational goals. Models Shopko’s commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Optician with 3 years of leadership experience or equivalent management experience with strong customer service focus
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build teammate relationships in an environment of fast change; must be able to direct,
and motivate a diverse teammate population
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope; must be able to act decisively in implementing
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress towards goals
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; ability to respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment
- Ability to analyze and synthesize financial reports
- Must be available to work early mornings, days, nights and weekends to meet the needs of the optical center
A career with Shopko provides you with:
- An inventive go-forward vision (or An inventive strategy and aligned company vision)
- A foundation of satisfied and loyal customers
- Pragmatic, supportive and accessible leadership
- A creative, resourceful and synergistic atmosphere
- Autonomy, variety and stability
- A culture that upholds the value and respect of each individual
In addition, we offer:
- Competitive Wages & Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- A Great Work Environment & Work Life Balance
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.