External Job Posting
As an Optician, your role is to ensure our patients have an outstanding eye care experience that exceeds their expectations. Experience and certification are not required to begin your career in the always growing and secure healthcare industry. No experience, no problem; we provide on the job training for all new teammates. In this role, you will work with patients to choose eyeglass frames from some of the best eyewear in the country. You will also be asked to help fit eyeglasses and dispense contact lenses working with our Doctors of Optometry.
Health and wellness count at Shopko, be a part of a team that is focused on providing the best care for our patients.
Why work at ShopkoEyecare Center?
- We Promote from within
- Competitive wage (including an incentive program exclusive to the EyeCare Center)
- Excellent benefits
- On the job training
- Our SkillBase Training program provides a unique avenue for both career growth as well as a financial reward to grow your wage based on acquired knowledge during your employment.
Minimum Knowledge, Experience& Skills Requirements:
- Provide exceptional customer service
-Communicate, be friendly and answer customer questions
- Make effective decisions for handling customer and teammate problems
- Strong work ethic
- Enjoy working with people
- Live the Shopko values: Service, Honest, Open, Passionate, Kind, and One
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.