At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Investment Institute (WFII), is part of WIM and consists of a team of more than 100 strategists and analysts, delivers timely market research and actionable investment guidance that investment professionals use to deliver quality advice to their clients.
The Options Strategy Specialist is responsible for implementing sophisticated and specialized strategies utilizing options including strategy development, analysis, research, trading and risk management. Responsible for the preparation, delivery, and execution of strategy concepts, proposals, and feedback to internal partners in Investment & Fiduciary Services team. This will include technical analysis of option market dynamics and their impact on the broader equity markets. The role establishes a close partnership with the Wells Fargo team members to disseminate a consistent Option Strategy Group (OSG) strategy and support sales efforts.
This position is located in Charlotte, NC. Other locations may be considered. Relocation assistance is not available.
- 8+ years of investment research experience
- 5+ years of wealth or investment management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- An active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- 3 + years of experience with listed equity options or equity derivatives (both single stock and index) utilizing both market making and market taking strategies
- 2 + years of experience producing option oriented market research
- Ability to efficiently synthesize information and market perspectives from multiple sources (trading, third party research, independent assessment of market themes), and assist in producing actionable strategy recommendations for internal partners and their clients
- Capable of establishing credibility as subject matter expert among partners and add independent, value-added perspective, ideas, and solution sets
- Distill, gather, and capture data to be used in reporting analysis and performance context
- Develop the ability to explain the performance drivers of a derivative strategies, as well as provide flexible problem-solving to client issues
- Provides supporting functionality to other team aspects including Trading, Quantitative, and Managerial support
- Bachelor s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Familiarity with FlexTrade or comparable Order Management Systems
- Ability to perform PNL attribution and fine tune strategies accordingly
- Familiarity with volatility dynamics
- Skilled in mathematics, statistics and data mining (linear and non-linear regression analysis)
- Experience working with large datasets of historical price data
- Experience with Fixed Income Derivatives
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.