OptumCare Network of Utah is a network of local doctors, hospitals and specialists to help patients make well-informed decisions about their healthcare. The Clinical Pharmacy Team provides a variety of clinical services impacting Medical Management and CMS Stars Quality initiatives. The Clinical Pharmacist will be overseeing initiatives to improve medication adherence, assist with Medication Therapy Management, medication reconciliations post-discharge, and various retrospective drug utilization reviews for network providers per business needs.
The team comprises of clinical pharmacists and certified pharmacy technicians that complete various functions to successfully meet the operational requirements of each clinical service. The work hours required will be during normal business hours, Monday through Friday.
The Clinical Pharmacist will report into the Clinical Pharmacy Manager. This role is primarily responsible for performing medication reconciliations post-discharge and improving transitions of care. In addition, the clinical pharmacist will document the care delivered and communicates essential information to the member’s primary care providers.
- Utilize prescription and medical claim data to generate clinical recommendations according to Medication Therapy Management and Retrospective Drug Utilization Review program protocols.
- Provide clinical recommendations pertaining to, but not limited to, gaps in care, high risk medications, compliance and adherence, drug interactions, therapeutic substitution, and generic substitution
- Utilize client formulary information to guide appropriate medication recommendations
- Keep current with new and emerging clinical trends
- Active participation in departmental meetings to improve clinical programs and enhance processes
- Share clinical information and department procedure protocols during client site visits
- Assist with user acceptance testing for new clinical programs and system enhancements
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet departmental objectives
- Follow all policies and procedures related to job
- Other duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Current and unrestricted Pharmacist license in the state of Utah
- Strong clinical pharmacy knowledge
- Willing to work flexible hours in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently within a cross functional team environment
- Demonstrates interpersonal, consultative, and problem - solving skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Commitment to professionalism and a dedicated desire to advance patient care
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- PBM experience
- Experience in managed care or health plan setting
- ACPE MTM Specialist
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- BPS board certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Managed care, Pharmastict, Pharm D, Medicare Part D, Pharmacy Benefits, PBM, West Valley City, UT, Salt Lake City, UT, West Valley City, UT, Utah