Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
In this Medical Assistant role, you will learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. You will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, healthcare providers, and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care. You will enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our patient population. We offer the benefits of working for a large, multi - national company - career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will have experience as a Medical Assistant and demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively, and have the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Perform clinical and administrative medical assistant duties including but not limited to; greet patients, prepare charts (EHR), prepare patients and exam rooms, take histories and vital signs, give injections, provide basic wound care, perform EKG's, triage patients and advise patients of test results and care plans
- Provide education about health preservation, disease prevention and disease self - management
- Participate in preventative care reminder programs
- Assist patient in procurement of medical supplies
- Use of technology to assist with all aspects of patient care; electronic health record documentation, disease registry, documentation prompts and standing order protocols
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment
- Attend required meetings and participate in a constructive manner as a team player
- Participate in periodic in - services to enhance and increase clinical skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate from an Accredited Medical Assistant program
- Ability to use MS Office package or similar programs
- 1+ year experience as a Medical Assistant
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of Health Insurance: HMO, PPO, Medicare and Medicaid
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Spanish speaking preferred
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical Assistant, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona