Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
As an Utilization Review RN, you'll wear many hats, and work in a variety of environments.. You may also act as an intermediary between providers and members - serving in numerous roles, such as educator, evaluator, service coordinator, community resource researcher and more. The result? Fewer hospitalizations, ER visits and costly service gaps; and a less stressed, more effective health care system for us all. Want more flexibility, want more autonomy? Work from your own home and coordinate a visiting schedule that is mutually beneficial to you and the members we serve.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
Reviewing medical records to determine appropriate level care, determining inpatient vs Observation
Performing concurrent reviews on members that remain inpatient >3 days
Collaborating with the hospital case manager on appropriate discharge planning for the member
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the State of Utah
- 3+ years of clinical experience in a hospital, acute care, home health / hospice, direct care or case management
- Computer / typing proficiency to enter / retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Problem solving skills; the ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action
- Ability to communicate complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others
- Case Management experience including Certification in Case Management
- Home care / field based case management
- Medicaid, Medicare, Managed Care experience
- Experience working with the needs of vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex bio - psychosocial needs
- Bilingual skills (English / Spanish)
- Experience in Home & Community based or Long Term Care services delivery
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Case Manager, RN, Clinical, acute care, West Valley City, UT, Utah