Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
this position you will be working in our Operating Room Registration. You
will facilitate the patient admission flow, including patient identification,
accurate demographics, insurance information, required signatures, documents
and will be responsible for insurance authorization, notification and
verification of insurance benefits in order to obtain accurate and prompt
reimbursement. Additional duties include providing information and answering
questions about payment assistance, collection co-payments, patient liabilities
and entering all necessary information into the hospital compute system.
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate others' activities
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Experience utilizing a computer and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) to create, copy, edit, send, and save documents
- Comfortable working Monday - Friday 7:30am-4pm
- Insurance benefits experience or knowledge
- Cerner / MS4 experience
- General Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Experience with Healthcare Admissions or Registration
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Gilbert, Emergency Room, Medical, Customer Service, Insurance Authorization, Benefits, Co-Payments Discovery