With all the opportunities out there, what's the best way to raise your game and up your impact? Put yourself on a team that's doing incredible things with data to create incredible health care solutions across the globe. That's no small thing. In fact it's all about big data and big ideas. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, has more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere.
As part of DBA team, you will be responsible for providing operational support for the Oracle RAC and Standalone Databases including Standby. This will include application releases, patching and performance tuning of the entire technology stack. You will be accountable for providing operational and root cause analysis support consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value for our customers.
- Participating in binaries installation, DB creation, configuration, upgrades and patching activities
- Providing ongoing operational support for Databases in all application specific environments (Dev to Prod)
- Assist in manual and automated application code deployments (DDLs and DMLs)
- Conducting performance tuning to maintain system stability (using Oracle RDBMS tools)
- Troubleshooting to capture incident data and analyze for root cause issues
- Serving as a team player by working with colleagues and clients to identify and address overall system problems as needed
- Participating in 24x7 on-call rotation with other colleagues on a weekly rotation basis
- Influencing management to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches as appropriate
- Perform refreshes
Know that this opportunity comes with big potential and big challenges. It's a fast paced team that includes some of the top minds and most intensely focused technology professionals in the business. You'll be expected to work cross functionally bringing smart ideas and solutions through design, implementation, support and maintenance.
- 5+ years of Oracle Operational DBA experience in the IT industry
- Proven experience supporting/maintaining Databases systems in the Unix environment
- Experience with RAC technologies 11g and 12c (CRS/ASM/RAC Services)
- Experience in Database monitoring, Performance tuning, Health Checks, Stats collection, Query Optimizing, Indexes
- Demonstrated experience supporting J2EE portal based applications
- Willingness and ability to provide 24x7 on-call support
- Experience with Data migrations (RMAN restore, EXPDP/IMPDP)
- Experience with Database RMAN backup/recovery skills (TSM/TDPO/DDomain)
- Experience with Capacity management (space utilization, archive/purge data)
- Exposure to monitoring and creating alerts in OEM
- Understanding of job scheduling
- Experience with User Security/Administration
- Experience with VM Ware
- Experience with other DBMS platforms such as SQL Server, MySQL etc.
- Willing to share knowledge and learn new concepts (cross-train) with colleagues
If you're the kind of coder who wants to bring it to a new level every day, bring yourself over to Optum. We are a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: GovtConsulting