BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
ORDER PICKER PACKER
Responsible for performing general warehouse activities including pulling merchandise from a pick list, physical breakdown of merchandise, building and shrink-wrapping pallets, moving merchandise from sales floor to staging area, using handheld scanner to verify merchandise counts and update merchandise locations, and operating equipment including pallet jacks.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Reads pick list and pulls and palletizes merchandise from the sales floor. Pulls merchandise from reserve area when possible to avoid sales floor replenishment.
- Uses handheld scanner device (RF) to verify merchandise counts and update merchandise locations.
- Wraps and safely secures pallets prior to transport. Clearly labels pallets with required information.
- Builds pallets according to required heights. Operates equipment including pallet jacks.
- Communicates problems with inventory and/or equipment, and communicates expired or short-dated items included on pick list.
- Ensures that work order pull sheets are completed daily. Work requires both team work and independent work at times.
- Ensures the club is neat, clean, and organized. Performs general housekeeping duties, including removing trash and cardboard from the work area. Handles damaged goods and spoiled products in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Export order pulling experience preferred.
- Big box/wholesale retail experience preferred.
- RF scanner experience preferred.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent standing and moving about continuously on hard surfaces.
- Frequently examining and/or scanning merchandise, which includes bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching, and stooping.
- Continuously requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or oversized objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually in an environment surrounded by moving machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting to be heard. There may be exposure to temperature extremes at times to pull refrigerated orders. There may be occasional exposure to Company-approved chemicals and cleaning agents.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.