The Devereux Glenholme School is seeking enthusiastic, high energy and relational professional to join our team as Organization Advancement Manager. Located in Washington, CT, the Glenholme School is a therapeutic boarding school for students, ages ten to young adults. The program provides a positive atmosphere designed to build competence for students to thrive socially and academically. Our comprehensive learning environment supports the success of students with high functioning autism spectrum disorders including Asperger's, ADHD, OCD, Tourette, depression, anxiety and various learning differences.
We invite you to bring your not-for -profit, strategic organization advancement experience to Glenholme School, where the selected candidate will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Annual Campaigns (board, individual, and corporate) – Understanding past history and donor community, devise annual campaign strategy in order to grow giving and donor relationships over time. Work collaboratively to implement strategies, monitor effectiveness, and report results.
Major Gifts – Develop and implement strategies to fully engage and retain donors with a connection to the agency’s rich history – activities to include analysis of past successes and creation of new approach to working with specific groups of donors.
• External Relations & Community Affairs – Manage the agency’s profile in the community through effective media relations, collaborations with partners, and participation in events and activities that leverage AFC’s role as a leader in early learning, parent support, teacher training/coaching and advocacy. • Marketing and Communications –Create and implement marketing and communications strategies and tactics that promote AFC programs, services, initiatives and overall mission.
• Grants (foundations) – Research and build foundation and corporate relationships in order to write, submit, and report on grant applications and sponsorship requests.
• Events Management– In partnership with Board Advancement Committee – plan, promote, support and implement events designed to accomplish a variety of goals from strategic fundraising to awareness building to donor engagement.
• Budgeting & Forecasting – Work with finance area to prepare, monitor and report on department and individual initiative budgets as needed. Present related information to Board and committees as appropriate.
• Actively contribute (in partnership with other senior leaders) to the development and implementation of organizational strategies and objectives.
• Effectively guide direct reports/team members to achieve department goals and objectives and to contribute to overall organizational strategy.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical, dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer generous time-off and a 403(b) retirement plan, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.*
Learn why we’re a great place to work at benefits.devereux.org.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental Health, and child welfare.
We employ more than 7,000 professionals and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year. At Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, our employees are proud to live and demonstrate our organization’s mission: to unlock and nurture human potential for people with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
*Note: It is the intent of Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health to continue to offer these benefits; however, we reserve the right to change or stop them at any time, with or without notice.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is a drug free workplace, drug screening is required. EOE
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Marketing, or Business Administration required.
Experience: Three to five years’ experience in marketing/business development preferably in the Healthcare setting working with adolescents. Clean/valid driver’s license required.