Collaborates with executives and strategic business partners to identify organizational development priorities and determine resource requirements to implement initiatives to address these priorities. Develops and deploys strategies for the management of planned change and systemically tracks and reports progress toward institutionalizing change.
- Diagnose and analyze current organizational systems, structures, culture, competencies, and related organizational practices to identify gaps between actual and desired states and recommend solutions for change.
- Facilitate feedback and action planning sessions to drive organizational improvements.
- Partner with HR Leads and business partners in the support of and implementation of business strategies.
- Lead change management projects across the enterprise and/or with assigned business groups.
- Implement cross-practice people strategies and provide expertise for critical management programs.
- Conduct research to determine industry benchmarks and best practices. Identifies potential areas for improvement.
- Design, develop and implement strategies and interventions in conjunction with ongoing human resources policies and procedures to include the following:
- Executive education and future leadership development
- Organizational design and change management initiatives
- Competency models
- 360 degree multi-rater feedback and associate surveys
- Performance management
- Talent assessment
- Corporate initiatives
- Management succession plans
- Leadership metrics
- Team Development
- Administer a number of behavioral-based assessments such as Myers Briggs across the organization.
- Provide coaching and feedback to senior leaders and other associates across the enterprise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Development, Human Resources Management or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 8 years progressive experience in organizational development including assessing organizations, designing and implementing organizational development initiatives and consulting with clients in a wide variety of business settings.
- Experience in behavioral assessment, test interpretation, qualified in Level “B” assessment.
- Possesses strong Effective Communication skills to include ability to communicate with business executives both oral and written, strong presentation skills, interpersonal skills and conflict management skills
- Extensive experience in facilitation of business meetings and problem-solving
- Strong research, design and analytical skills
- Results Oriented and proficient in project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Extremely Client Focused to include ability to work across multiple disciplines; e.g., retail tax corporate and field, finance, IT, corporate functions, etc.
- Successfully demonstrates Block Behaviors.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS
The initial long-term assignment of the role will be that of a change implementation specialist working in partnership with the HCM Project Lead and consulting partners to deliver the change management products and services required for successful implementation of the new HR system. This includes working with program leadership, business process owners and communications and training specialists to execute the change management plan according to the overall project plan.
- Support the implementation of the change management plan according to project timeline in partnership with consulting partner; continually update plan throughout project
- Track progress against work plan and complete status reports
- Provide support to HR Function Leads and Program Management as needed to deliver change management services
- Identify and track new change management needs that are critical to the project, and organize resources to ensure the needs are met
- Manage and maintain the stakeholder list to ensure it is aligned with the structure of the business
- Partner with HRBPs to provide the appropriate change management support for their stakeholder groups
- Work with Change Networks to develop plans to engage associates in the implementation of the system
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications in partnership with the communications specialist
Other Change Management Activities
- Work with training resources within the organization and with the consulting partner to ensure training is being designed and delivered to the targeted audiences
- Measure change awareness and understanding for stakeholders and develop and implement plans to close gaps
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- A solid understanding of how people and organizations go through a change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale HCM implementations desired; Workday experience a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges