UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You know, there’s impact and then there’s YOUR impact. Join us at Optum and discover a new sense of purpose and pride as you work on applications that help create benefits for millions of people. Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is bringing technology, data and people together to help shape health care performance across the globe. So bring your solid track record for innovation and accomplishment as a high level Java Applications Developer to an organization where the challenges are greater and every day is an opportunity to do more.
- Act as Technical Designer/Architect on ORMB implementation for delivering Technical Design based on Functional Design.
- Designing, writing and vetting technical specification for configuration, enhancements, new designs and interfaces.
- Should be able to clearly articulate the implications of design / architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology and business partners
- Provide leadership to the implementation team by promoting consistency across the team, including methodology, deliverable templates, terminology, etc
- Ability to lead solution workshops and presentation of solution to IT and business teams.
- Under general direction, participates as high-level technical expert in design development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software.
- Works with Business and IT teams to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Resolves customer complaints and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Mentor/develop other developers into technical architects
- Convert complex Technical Design specifications into high quality working code within agreed upon budgets and time frames
- Code, tests, debug and documents software, and enhance existing components to ensure that software meets business needs
- Develop complex batch jobs, custom algorithms and extensions code in Java for ORMB application.
- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Develop and manage business plans to achieve objectives
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Prepare unit test plan and unit test cases. Perform unit testing of functionalities according to defined process using the unit test plan and unit test cases
- Provide quality assurance by peer code review
- Provide support during system testing, user acceptance testing, Go-Live and warranty periods
- Perform quality and function reviews during the design and development phases
- Assist in project teams packaging activities and review and sign-off of package deliverable
- Provide hands - on leadership, coaching, mentoring, and software engineering best practices to junior developers
- Develop detailed estimates for design and development phases based on functional requirements
- ORMB or CC&B designer experience
- Sound understanding of the technical and functional aspects of ORMB or CC&B product
- Successful full lifecycle implementation experience of ORMB or CC&B
- Knowledge on object-oriented development
- 5+ years experience in ORMB or CC&B
- Java/J2EE development experience
- Good understanding of SQL, relational database design and normalization
- Ability to read and understand data models
- Experience working with XML
- Demonstrated success in software engineering best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Experience with commercial software development and / or healthcare industry experience
- Hands-on experience with Spring framework
- Experience in developing SOAP and REST services
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Experience in Application Design and Development Methodology
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: ORMB CC&B Oracle, Basking Ridge, NJ, New Jersey, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Horsham, PA, Pennsylvania, Telecommute, Work from home