Department:OH1MH_19011_002 Lab Outreach Mcw
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
The Outreach Registrar ensures the performance of an accurate and complete registration process in HealthQuest. Ensures accurate scanning and uploading of all patient information into the ChartMaxx system. Acts as a resource for information to other areas of the laboratory, as well as other hospital departments and physician practices. Interacts respectfully with other hospital associates and physician office staff. Understands the relation between diagnosis and procedure (CPT and ICD-10 coding) to assure compliance with third party regulations. Knows and understands Medicare, Medicaid and other third party information requirements and adheres to all third party regulations. Abides by the department's service vision of making the patient top priority in order to be their preferred healthcare provider.
- Demonstrate friendliness, courtesy and effective communication to create a professional environment and provide first class service
- Communicates with other hospital departments and/or physicians practice to obtain, provide or revise information
- Receives specimens and appropriate paperwork for registration; ensures specimen throughput is performed in the most appropriate manner for the department or shift assigned
- Responsible for ensuring all patient demographics and insurance information is complete in the hospital billing system to assure optimal data integrity throughout the registration process
- High school diploma required
- Effective Communication Skills
- Knowledge of third party payor benefits and requirements, as well as regulations affecting registration procedures
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict deadlines.
- Ability to be a self-starter to see what needs to be accomplished and to set about doing it.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.