About UsWho We Are:
Finding a career in a new world of food is closer than you think. Market District is a food destination that is a big part of the Giant Eagle family of stores. At Market District, we celebrate a passion for amazing food and food expertise by combining the best of everyday grocery shopping with foods, ingredients and services rarely found in traditional supermarkets. In 13 locations in southwestern Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana, the Market District stores feature teams of chefs and other culinary professionals preparing fresh foods from scratch every day. All of our Team Members, Chefs and other culinary professionals are expertly trained to provide unsurpassed quality and service. And we love FOOD!
Our Market District family has a special heart for Team Members who understand the difference between making a meal and making an adventure. That's a quality we want to help grow, so we take care to match the best candidates to their perfect roles. That simply makes good sense, and we think our Team Members appreciate knowing that we're setting them up for success the moment they walk through our doors. We know you'll deliver exceptional experiences for our guests when we deliver unparalleled experiences for you.Position SummaryA Baker's first responsibility is to produce quality bakery products to ensure customer requirements are met and build customer loyalty by providing unparalleled customer service.Job Responsibilities
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow team members and customers.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand, and communicate the Market District Passion for Food philosophy, which includes the willingness to taste and experience new product offerings.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for the Market District banner. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met.
- Understands all the ingredients and purpose of each used in manufacturing scratch baked goods.
- Assemble necessary baking ingredients to prepare for baking operation including all scratch recipes.
- Prepare bakery products according to established recipes which include scratch recipes.
- Perform bench work according to established scratch procedures when necessary.
Prepare product and form product to specifications as required according to scratch recipes.
Bake prepared product using appropriate time and temperature as specified by recipe.
- Insert products into proof box, set controls, and close door to ensure proper size and shape of product.
Prepare and fry donuts according to established procedures.
Insert products into and retrieve products from the freezer to preserve freshness.
- Answer questions and resolve problems to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
Answer questions and resolve problems to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department.
- Associates Degree 6mos-1 year experience & or Culinary Degree specialized in Pastry/Baking or Technical / Vocational School experience in Pastry or Baking
- 6 months to 1 year
- Prior experience working in Bakery or related industry
- Bachelors Degree in Related Field
- At least 18 years of age
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Hot Ovens
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Adding Machine
- Lang Oven
- Merry Chef (Oven)
- Motorola Hand Held Gun (Receiving)
- Power Washer
- Texlon Ordering Machine
- Watchguard Detergent Dispenser
- Conventional Oven
- Cardboard Baler
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Label Gun
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Price Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Stanley Doors
- Steam Machine
- Trash compactor