Primary Location: United States-OR-ORPortland
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Come join our mission – make a difference in lives and enjoy rewarding work! We have programs in and around the Portland area, providing services to adults and children with developmental disabilities in home and community-based settings. Apply today to MENTOR Oregon to join the amazing group of co-workers and the inspiring individuals we serve.
- Full-time and part-time
- Days, afternoons, evenings, weekends and overnights
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Assisting individuals to redirect agitated or aggressive behaviors
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
MENTOR Oregon is a team of abuse aware advocates working toward social justice for all people.
We believe in transparent communication while celebrating differences, achievements, failure, lessons learned and change.
We practice principles of purpose, courage, trust, responsibility and personal growth,
in our work and our relationships, which promote the spirit of service, cooperation and continuous improvement.
- Must be 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Reliable, responsible attitude
- Compassionate, relationship-building approach
- Dedicated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Paid Training (First Aid, CPR, Medical Administration)
- Consistent Schedules
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress and employee events
- Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision) along with PTO and Holiday Pay for employees working over 30 hours per week.
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next.
- Career development and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis