Do you have a desire to make a difference in the work you do? Are you interested in working in a clinically based environment and gaining knowledge/experience with children in the field of psychiatric and mental health services?
If you answered YES to either of these questions, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
Being a Program Manager Has its Advantages!
Devereux's Children's Behavioral Health Center (DCBHC), located in Malvern, PA is seeking A Full-Time, overnight Program Supervisor. DCBHC is an acute, inpatient hospital specializing in the stabilization and tretment of children and adolescents in psychiatric crisis.
A Program Supervisor, plans and implements therapeutic services for assigned clients. Assists in providing supervision of clients in program activities and leisure time, on facility grounds. Maintains a safe and therapeutic treatment environment that meets the physical, emotional, and personal needs of program clients. Provides leadership, guidance and support to staff in assigned program.
- Provides supervision of direct care staff performance. Supervision includes making/changing work assignments as needed, providing feedback regarding on-the-job performance and relaying performance information to Program Director.
- Models and utilizes appropriate and approved therapeutic interactions skills with clients (e.g., New Directions techniques in areas to include praise, making requests, warnings, and facilitating transitions). Quarterly training is completed by due date.
- Provides crisis prevention and intervention services to the program by responding to crises as they occur and assists staff in preventing crises where possible. Utilizes Safe & Positive Approaches (SPA) intervention techniques appropriate to the degree of threat to the safety of the client and others, and in accordance with Devereux SPA standards. Provides feedback to staff regarding their performance specific to managing crises (utilizing appropriate staff effectiveness techniques, and using appropriate safety techniques and holds).
- Enters incident reports and Emergency Safety Intervention (ESI) documentation according to established time frames. Communicates to parents and/or agency representatives in the event of any client holds.
- Observes and reports in a timely fashion noticeable changes in client behaviors and/or health conditions to the Program Director and/or interdisciplinary treatment team member (i.e. Nurse, Physician, Primary Therapist, etc).
- Ensures that program staff comply with all regulatory, organizational, and center standards of care. Ensures the safe and effective delivery, and documentation of treatment services for all clients in assigned program.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees by serving in a mentoring role as well as familiarizing new employees with policies, procedures and common practices.
Keywords: Mental health, behavioral health, psychology, social work, psychiatric
Learn why we’re a great place to work at benefits.devereux.org.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental Health, and child welfare.
We employ more than 7,000 professionals and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year. At Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, our employees are proud to live and demonstrate our organization’s mission: to unlock and nurture human potential for people with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
Education & Experience: Bachelors degree preferred from an accredited college with at least twelve credits hours in a human services discipline to include but not limited to psychology, sociology, social work, education, pastoral counseling, political science, heath, recreation, criminal justice, counseling; Minimum of 3 years direct care experience & Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in a Residential Treatment Setting and/or IP Behvaioral Health Setting required.
Physical Requirements: Significant amounts of walking, sitting, and standing. Some lifting and/or managing resistance required related to applying physical intervention techniques – upwards of 75-100 lbs. or more. Some repetitive wrist/hand movements, normal hearing and vision. Occasional use of computers and office equipment. Occasional driving of Devereux vehicles for business purposes. Ability to meet 100% mastery of Safe and Positive Approaches (SPA) techniques.
Work Environment: Regularly works inside areas that are adequately lighted and ventilated. Some fluctuations in temperature. Protective equipment – latex gloves, facial mask protective eyewear, gown. Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Physical involvement in the exercise of SPA intervention techniques.