Safe and efficient packing of mules and supplies.Responsibilities
- Prepare packs for delivery from the Rim to Phantom Ranch and back.
- Properly dispose of waste/recycled items from Phantom Ranch.
- Pack duffels for hikers, boat parties, etc.
- Note special delivery items for the Ranch such as maintenance supplies.
- Assist Phantom Ranch personnel as needed with unloading/loading of packs.
- Feed and water mules at the Yaki barn, and maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the Yaki barn and corral.
- Advise the Packer Supervisor or Livery Manager of condition of the pack string.
- Repair packing gear as necessary and report defective equipment to the Packer Supervisor.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies while performing tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years of experience handling horses or mules, and proven equestrian skills.
- Must have own saddle and tack.
- Ability to learn two-way radio communication equipment.
- Ability to work non-traditional work hours.
- Ability to safely lift 100 pounds on a regular basis.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.