At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
The Paralegal will be a member of the Consumer Deposit Operations paralegal team within the Consumer Banking and Corporate Regulatory Division of the Legal Group that provides legal support and guidance associated with the Bank’s branch network and consumer and small business deposit accounts. Candidate should be able to work independently but may consult with a more senior paralegal and attorney. Candidate must demonstrate flexibility to handle a wide variety of tasks and should excel in time management. Specific responsibilities include handling inquiries from branches and branch support operational groups regarding account documentation requirements and issues related to decedent accounts, estates, trusts, guardianships, conservatorships, custodians, financial elder abuse and powers of attorney. Candidate will also support departments responding to consumer’s complaints about activity on their bank accounts. Candidate will also be responsible for reviewing/updating related policies and procedures, as well as other tasks as needed, including research of statutes and regulations affecting consumer and small business deposit accounts.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of paralegal experience
- 3+ years of focused practice in a concentrated area of law
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- 3+ years’ of paralegal experience in matters involving decedent accounts, estates, trusts, and powers of attorney.
- Paralegal certification may be required in some states
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.