Department:OH1MH_22086_006 Emergency Dept Services Mcgc
Expected Weekly Hours:24
Shift:12 Hour Day Shift
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
The Emergency Services Technician Paramedic, under the direction of a Registered Nurse and in-line with guidance of the medical director, will provide patient care, in an atmosphere sensitive to each person’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. The EST paramedic functioning in the spirit of teamwork, is accountable for the delivery of patient care within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Organization.
- Initiates respiratory interventions including oxygen therapy and assistance with preparation for intubation per physician order or protocol. Initiates and discontinues intravenous lines and intraosseous (IO) access as requested by the physician. Interprets cardiac rhythms and initiates appropriate treatment (CPR/defibrillation). Transports and monitors stable telemetry and non-telemetry patients
- Performs visual acuity, eye irrigations and equipment setups. Performs CLIA-waived testing as assigned. Follows appropriate protocols and participates as a team member for trauma, stroke, STEMI and sepsis alerts, and resuscitation. Performs wound care and practices sterile technique when appropriate.
- Collects and documents patient data, i.e. vital signs, weight, procedures performed. Reports observations and condition changes to RN and/or physician in a timely manner, i.e.change in vital signs, symptoms
- Successful completion of an approved course(s) which includes basic patient care skills, EKG and phlebotomy required
- Licensure / Certification: Current Paramedic Certification in the State of Ohio ACLS required
- Current BLS Healthcare Provider required.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.