No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
First Transit- Paratransit Bus Driver
**$1000 Sign on Bonus**
Join First Transit in Glen Ellyn, IL as a Paratransit Bus Driver. Our successful drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
First Transit Glen Ellyn, IL is proud to offer:
- $1,000 Sign on Bonus* (Conditions apply)
- Competitive Wages- $13.50/hour
- Hiring for full time schedule and part time opportunities
- A FULL benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401(k) savings plan, etc. Part time workers receive Dental and Vision Benefits
- Year round work
- Career advancement opportunities locally and throughout the United States
- PAID and Cutting-edge training
Paratransit Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs
Paratransit Bus Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid Indiana or Illinois driver’s license.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL Operator’s License with required endorsements
- Have at least 5 consecutive years of personal driving experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 22 W760 Poss Street, Glenn Ellyn, IL 60137!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.