No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Are you looking for a fun and exciting position in the Transportation industry? Do you have compassion for helping others with a dedication to safety and excellent customer service? First Transit is looking for individuals like you! Get your career MOVING!
First Transit operates the Paratransit contract for PACE in Joliet, IL. We are currently looking to fill full time driver openings. Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation for client's with limited mobility. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes us a leader in Transportation.
No CDL?? No problem! We offer paid training!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $500 Sign on Bonus!
- Starting wage $13/hour
- Paid CDL training!
- Year round hours (unlike a school bus driver)
- Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- A full benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401(k) savings plan, etc.
Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
Bus Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a Class C CDL with Passenger Endorsement
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Positive and friendly attitude with compassion for helping others
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Join our team! Apply today online or visit our location at: 2085 Oak Leaf, Joliet, IL 60436
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.