No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
If you are looking to start a career where you get to do something worthwhile, help lots of interesting people, and feel like you’re part of a great big family, join the First Transit team as a Paratransit Driver.
First Transit offers fantastic opportunities including:
- Competitive hourly wages
- Career advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) plans, and paid holidays and vacations
- Cutting-edge training
Paratransit Bus Driver Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Must have 5 positive points on your VA driver's license!
(You can visit the VA DMV website to register for a driving school class to earn points)
- 3 years of driving experience (personal or professional)
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Paratransit Driver Responsibilities:
- Drive paratransit vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule.
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required.
- Stop at designated points to load and/or unload passengers.
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters.
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble.
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary.
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents.
Join Our Team - Apply Today online or in person at: 301 East Belt Boulevard, Richmond, VA 23224!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.